Sunday, April 6, 2008

Thing 20 Social Networking

I found the social networking site fascinating, so much to look at. I think the Denver Public Library My Space was up to date, interesting, with so much to look at. I think the younger population would love going to that site and connecting. It was creative, colorful, and had hip music playing while visiting. I think our libraries would get a lot more activity if we updated our web pages, and went to a my space format. That being said, we need the personnal to run the libraries and make them more up dated and user friendly. If we want to compete with the market of technology, and individualism with myspace and the internet we really need to get with it, spend more money and time fixing our libraries so they come up to date.
I looked at Myspace with teens, another interesting site, librarian bloggers where you can connect with libraries around the world, incredible.
All in all an interesting site, but again needing a lot of time to look around.

No comments: